Please welcome to our new 2016 Booster Club board members! - Let’s give a round of virtual applause and congratulations to the... [ read more ]

Smile at Amazon to support Dobson Football - Show your support for Dobson Football by shopping at AmazonSmile.... [ read more ]

Sign Up for Fry’s Community Rewards - Will you help us earn Fry’s Community Rewards Program money? If... [ read more ]

40% off Papa Johns Pizza! - Use Promo Code: MUSTANGS40 This promo code gets you 40% off your online... [ read more ]

Cost To Play Football - Let’s face it, everything costs more these days and we are all looking... [ read more ]

Home   »  General Member Meetings

Monthly Member Meeting Minutes

Dobson High School – 1501 W Guadalupe Rd Room S2

October 13, 2015 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm

 

Time Topic Description Topic Leader
6:15pm
  • Assembly/meet & greet
Informal
6:30pm
  • Meeting Commencement / Introductions & Welcome New Attendees
  • Michelle motioned to start the meeting at 6:35pm, Stella was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
  • Tracey Peacock was a new member attendee tonight
  • Susan Hernandez was a new member attendee tonight
Michelle Masters
6:35pm
  • Secretary’s Report
    • Review of prior meeting’s minutes – Amanda reviewed the prior minutes, Amanda motioned and Michelle was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed with changes
Amanda Jenkins
6:45pm
  • Coach’s Report
      • Applebee’s – he would like to do this for the Flapjack breakfast the 1st or 2nd weekend after the season ends
  • This will be tabled until next year
      • Coach has a special request – Melissa Green did repairs on the black out jerseys and she did ask not to be reimbursed but he would like to reimburse her for her time. Michelle motioned for a check to be issued for $50 and Kim was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed.
George De La Torre
7:15pm
  • President’s Report
  • Google Apps have been approved and Michelle has started the transition, we do need to have a Technical Admin.  Kim Stratman asked if someone was the admin if someone would show that person how it works and Michelle said she would be happy to help whoever wanted to do that.
  • Michelle would like to motion for the change and Colleen wanted to make sure this change would be started when the new board members start.
  • Michelle motioned for the change, Sarah was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
  • A parent recommended that we buy already made popcorn from Costco and scoop it out and sell it that way

Michelle Masters

 

7:30pm
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Review September Transaction reports and Bank Statement – Sarah motioned to approve the financials, Michelle was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
    • Savings account has $25
    • Checking account has $24,010.76, ending book balance is $24,506.45
    • Concession net profit was $4,101.33
  • Sarah recommended not accepting any bill over $20 because it makes it hard for deposits and not a good idea to let people know we don’t have that make money on hand.
    • Net profit for the year $14,075.90
    • Sarah does have a check for Agape

Sarah Young

 

7:45pm
  • Fundraising VP’s Report
      • Kona Ice was a check for $236 for the month
      • Flapjack breakfast was discussed prior – Michelle said coach is ok to do the Saturday after Senior Night – Collen asked that we just table this until next year. Everyone agreed with that idea.
      • Concessions – Amanda recommended that hot food should be sold only for Varsity games because we waste a lot during the freshman and JV. – Amanda will still send out votes for the concession items each week
Colleen Reed
8:00pm
  • Special Events VP’s Report
    • Media Guide – has already done 2nd proofing and 3rd proofing will be tomorrow and will need help doing this proofing. The proofing will be at Michelle’s house on Thursday 10/15 at 6 or 6:30pm
    • Senior Night is the last home varsity game and Stella went over how Senior Night works – Tricia Hill will open her house to make posters for senior night
  • We discussed the parent gifts for senior parents – Prep work will be
    • Highlight Night – Stella went over highlight night and we need to discuss the date. – Coach will check with the filming company to find out when the highlight videos will be done. Highlight Night will be November 12th at 6pm for Freshman, 7pm for JV and 8pm for Varsity – Stella will check with Dairy Queen for cakes, then there will be coffee and hot chocolate.  
  • We discussed gifts for the senior boys and Tracey will look into some prices
    • Award Night – Michelle was told by Scott Mohn that all coaches are on their own for awards night – Coach will find out and if so then we can combine the Award and Highlight night.
Stella Garibo
8:15pm
  • Team Meals
    • Team Meals – Outback is providing 200 meals that we can sell for $10 so we would make $2,000 – this night will be 1 night on Monday thru Thursday. We need to pick a date in the month of November.  Outback will be scheduled for November 18th and if that doesn’t work then November 19th
  • Team meal total $6,436.54 was donated, she is still waiting for totals from Texas Roadhouse, Outback and Stufrageous
  • Angela discussed an email that she received from Ihop that apologized for the miscommunication and that breakfast was not ready and that there was irritation.  Michelle stated that Susan was frustrated because they were questioning her and she got a little irritated.
  • Angela discussed that she wants everyone to go in like she would and to be considerate and nice to those that are donating meals.
Angela Almanza
8:45pm
  • Recap task assignments
  • Meeting Adjournment – Michelle motioned to close the meeting at 8:49pm, Colleen was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
Michelle Masters

 

 

Monthly Member Meeting Agenda

Dobson High School – 1501 W Guadalupe Rd Room S2

September 8, 2015 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm

 

Time Topic Description Topic Leader
6:15pm
  • Assembly/meet & greet
Informal
6:30pm
  • Meeting Commencement / Introductions & Welcome New Attendees
  • Michelle motioned to start the meeting, Amanda was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed at 6:45pm
Michelle Masters
6:35pm
  • Secretary’s Report
    • Review of prior meeting’s minutes – Amanda motioned to approve the August meeting minutes with a change, Colleen was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
Amanda Jenkins
6:45pm
  • Coach’s Report
  • Blackout Jerseys –
  • $3,000.34 is the total for all jerseys
  • 32 players are paying $1,920 (3 more players need to pay)
  • Incentive money is $1,080.34
  • Michelle motioned for $1,080.34, Amanda was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed (17 jerseys and shipping)
  • Coach Sanchez – would like to get $100 for a spaghetti dinner for the Lineman and whoever doesn’t have dinner for the items for spaghetti dinner and dessert.
  • Michelle motioned for reimbursing Coach Sanchez and his wife, Amanda was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
George De La Torre
7:15pm
  • President’s Report
  • Google Apps Migration plan – still in progress
Michelle Masters
7:30pm
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Review August Transaction reports and Bank Statement – Sarah said the Agape check cleared, there is about $22,000 in the bank but will email out financials.
Sarah Young
7:45pm
  • Fundraising VP’s Report
    • Concession
  • Concession Items – Amanda passed the concession inventory sheets around for review of what we have
  • Hot Food – Amanda would like to start Nachos on the home Freshman and Varsity game. Amanda will get the information for hotdogs and popcorn
  • Budget – After the JV game we will be able to come up with a weekly budget.
    • Flap Jack Fundraiser – maybe doing the end of the season, we will need to come up with dates, Michelle will ask coach when a good date would be
    • Coin Fundraiser – Compass will be coming on homecoming night and advertising needs to be done prior.
    • Kona Ice – Colleen has a check for $175, she will get the check for deposit
    • Costco Night – we need to advertise for the 9/26, Michelle and Amanda will coordinate this night for what we need. Everyone will let Michelle and/or Amanda know what kind of items we need or what we should get.

Colleen Reed

Amanda Jenkins

8:00pm
  • Special Events VP’s Report
    • Yard Signs – sending out email to bring back old sign for a new sign. We will give Varsity their signs on Saturday. JV on Monday and Freshman on Tuesday. If we have enough people we can do both teams on Monday.  Stella will need to check on what day is better.
Stella Garibo
8:15pm
  • Team Meals
  • Team Meals & Servers – Angela has all the team meal slots filled
  • Oregano’s is donating and would like a banner on the fence for a $500 donation of food
  • Pizza Hut is donating $500
  • Angela went over the schedule for the team meals still waiting for Ihop, Taco Bell, Oreganos and Costco
  • Servers – meal pick ups and volunteers were discussed
  • McDonalds – ice is approved for all season and Angela will work on getting breakfast donations
  • Sonic – Angela spoke with Sonic and he does it per event for the water and they will only do the Varsity games. This will be for the concessions, Michelle is buying and donating water for team meals this week.
  • Plates and Chips – Chips will be purchased tomorrow by Michelle and Amanda for the team meal. Michelle will donate the plates for this week’s meals
Angela Almanza
8:30pm
  • Other Business
    • Open Floor
  • Amanda asked who gets free water – Michelle will check with Scott Mohn if the school still offers water to the Refs
  • Coaches need to sign out what they want to purchase so that we can keep track and get reimbursed what they get.
  • Angela would like to get a commercial grade grill if we get the grant money so that coach can grill. She will check with coach about a place to store the grill
(any member)
8:45pm
  • Meeting Adjournment – Michelle motioned to end the meeting, Sarah was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 8:33pm
Michelle Masters

 

 

 

Monthly Member Meeting Minute

Dobson High School – 1501 W Guadalupe Rd Room S2

August 11, 2015 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm

 

Time Topic Description Topic Leader
6:15pm
  • Assembly/meet & greet
Informal
6:30pm
  • Meeting Commencement / Introductions & Welcome New Attendees
  • Michelle motioned to start the meeting, Sarah was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 6:41pm
  • Welcome new member, Kim
Michelle Masters
6:35pm
  • Secretary’s Report
    • Review of prior meeting’s minutes – Amanda reviewed the minutes from July and there is a spelling error to correct.
    • Amanda motioned to approve July minutes, Sarah was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed.
    • June minutes –
Amanda Jenkins
6:45pm
  • Coach’s Report
    • Coach said there is a possibility that Basha may come for the scrimmage on Thursday. Angela does have a team meal for Thursday from Olive Garden, if the cafeteria is not approved it will be done in the coach’s room – Stella will pick up the meal
    • Received 3 new water machines that need to be stored in the concession stand.
    • JV scrimmage will be on 8/20 at 6pm – will sell fan gear
George De La Torre
7:15pm
  • President’s Report
  • Varsity this year is $3,300 – Includes away and home games along with end zone and upload to Hudl
  • JV and Freshman is $2,100 – Includes 5 games each, press box video for 4 games and upload to Hudl
  • Last year we gave the highlight video to the Varsity players
  • Agape will be $7,500 – Michelle motioned, Stella was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed, this will be paid as $1,500 now and the remaining balance in September and October
  • August – Red Mountain Scrimmage at 6pm – Informal Freshman Scrimmage on 8/14 – JV Scrimmage on 8/20 – Varsity has an away game on 8/21 with Perry, there will be a team meal unsure who it will be right now –
  • Team meals need to be locked in for dates
  • Black out Jersey Recap – 18 boy earned them but 2 are no longer playing so we are paying for 16
  • Michelle did a locker room project with magnets, varsity players has a picture of the field, Seniors have their name and number on it.  JV and Freshman have smaller ones with the Junior Varsity and Freshman Football.  She does have the information to do it next year also.
  • Agape Invoice Vote – we are being asked to fund the JV and Freshman games this year along with Varsity.
  • Website & Facebook Statistics – In May the website had more visits than any other time in history – Facebook also had some spikes in July and August
  • Google Apps Migration plan – We have been approved for google apps, now we will be @dobsonfootball.com instead of @gmail.com, Michelle needs to still do some set up for this first. – Within the next month we will start the transition.
  • Review next 60 days –
Michelle Masters
7:30pm
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Review July Transaction reports and Bank Statement – Sarah went over the bank statement
    • Checking is $21,816
    • Savings is $25
    • Expenditure – $653
    • Concession – $486.07
    • Camp Incentives – $580
    • Under Armour – $5,000 was approved but she needs an invoice
    • Camp Scholarship was $2,650
    • Melissa Green $180
    • Have not seen invoices for Media Guide, Yard Signs
    • Sarah motioned to approve, Michelle was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
Sarah Young
7:45pm
  • Fundraising VP’s Report
    • Concession Budget – We need to see what sells before we decide to buy new items – Inventory will be done to see what will be needed and possible funding or budget
    • Flap Jack Fundraiser – trying to do this the week before homecoming however we will check with Coach for before and after Homecoming
    • Candy Donation – All parents to donate candy for cheer to decorate the locker room. – Email needs to be sent out to the parents but we need to have a place for the donations to go, drop off at the concession stands for the boys
    • Card Sales – we will discuss this later because the boys are selling cards right now
    • Outback offered 200 free meals for tickets to sell for $10 (we create the ticket) this can be for 1 night or for a full week, we need to pick a date. – End of the season for a full week – Angela will work on a proposal for this

Colleen Reed

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Angela Almanza

8:00pm
  • Special Events VP’s Report
    • Media Guide – Angela will send Stella the information
    • Yard Signs – Need final inventory of what we have compared to how many boys we have – email needs to be sent out, August 29th will be the day that we do the renovations at 10am
Stella Garibo
8:15pm
  • Other Business
    • Open Floor
(any member)
8:45pm
  • Recap task assignments
  • Meeting Adjournment – Michelle motioned for the close of the meeting, Amanda was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 8:30pm
Michelle Masters

 

 

Monthly Member Meeting Minutes

Applebees 2053 S. Alma School Rd, Mesa 85210

July 14, 2015 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm

 

Time Topic Description Topic Leader
6:15pm
  • Assembly/meet & greet
Informal
6:30pm
  • Meeting Commencement / Introductions & Welcome New Attendees
    • Michelle motioned to start the meeting, Sarah was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 6:41pm
Michelle Masters
6:35pm
  • Secretary’s Report

o  Review of prior meeting’s minutes – Amanda did not review meeting minutes and will get those emailed out with tonight with May

Amanda Jenkins
6:40pm
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Reiew June Transaction reports and Bank Statement
    • Sarah reviewed the May financials and they are online as well, the bank records shows June also because of when the report was
    • May – Ending Savings Balance is $25, Checking Balance is

$11,703.26.

  • Cow Chip Bingo cleared $16,000, the 1st and 2nd place winner have not cashed their checks
  • June – Ending Checking Balance is $24,722.98, Savings Balance is $25.
  • Financial vote – Sarah motioned to approve the financials, Amanda was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
Sarah Young
6:45pm
  • Fundraising
    • Fan Gear – Review selected designs and vote to purchase initial stock in time for Blue/Silver Scrimmage 8/7
      • Fan gear pictures where passed around and there was discussion about ordering some 3x shirts for men and Sarah stated we should only order a couple small and medium shirts.
      • Men’s Shirts will be 2 medium, 4 large, 6 XL, 4 – 2xl and 4 – 3xl
      • Women’s Shirts will be 4 medium, 5 large, 5 xl, 4 – 2xl and 5 – 3xl
      • Children’s Shirts will be 2 small, 2 medium, 5 large, 3 XL
Colleen Reed

 

 

  • Shirt prices for men and women would be $20 for med, lg and xl, for the 2xl and 3xl would be $23, Children will be $10
  • Women’s shirts will be blue, children will be white, and men will be grey
  • Sarah motioned for $775 for shirts, Michelle was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
  • Fundraising –
    • Colleen received an email from the spirit line and thye would like to do a coin exchange competition for fundraising on Homecoming night with Midfirst

– Colleen will get back with the Spirit Line to let them know that we are interested.

  • Goodwill – Colleen would like for everyone to email her with dates that would work for everyone so that she can check with the lady at
  • Concessions (Susan Hernandez) – Review recommended inventory list and vote to purchase initial stock in time for Blue/Silver Scrimmage 8/7
    • Susan would like to open with the basics of candies, chocolate, soda, and She has a popcorn machine and snowcone machine if we are interested in using that to sale.
    • Kona Ice would like to be involved with all the scrimmage and games so we would not need the snow cone machine
    • Water still being donated from Sonic
    • Concession stand starting would be 4 boxes of candy, 4 boxes of chocolate, 3 cases of multipack of powerade, 12 cases of soda
Colleen motioned for $400 Concession start up,
Michelle was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed.
7:15pm
  • Coach’s Corner
    • Incentive purchases – Summarize tickets sold and vote to purchase Under Armor apparel for those who earned it.
      • Socks – 51 players at $8.50 a piece
      • Compression Shirts – 8 JV players and 8 freshman at

$50 for both blue and white

  • Cleats – 3 players at $50 to $85 each
Michelle Masters for Coach DLT

 

 

  • Camp – 2 players at $290 each
  • Black Out Jersey – 11 Varsity at $50 to 60 a piece but this will wait for now
  • Incentives would cost roughly $3,062.50 prior to the distribution of tickets to the Varsity players
  • Michelle is motioning for $580 for the 2 camp fees, Sarah was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
  • Michelle motioned for $5,000 in Under Armour incentives, Stella was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
  • Camp Scholarships – Review recommendations and vote to fund scholarships – coach is asking for $3,600
    • Varsity scholarship of $1,200
    • JV Scholarship of $1,100
    • Freshman Scholarship of $1,050
    • Michelle would like to motion for $3,600, Stella was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
  • Camp Meal – Special meal request and vote to fund it – family by the camp would like to make fry bread for free and coach would like to give them $60
Michelle motioned for $60, Stella was 2nd, all in favor
and none opposed
7:30pm
  • President’s Corner
    • Google Apps for Non Profits – Features and capabilities – Michelle has been researching and this would allow us to have our own domain and she will discuss with them about how to transition to the new domain
    • DHS Athletic Director Announcement – the new one is

Maun

Michelle Masters
7:45pm
  • Special Events
    • Locker Room – Review décor changes to be made, schedule volunteers to assist, vote to purchase fence cover and seating
      • Stella will send out the information through email for a vote
    • Picture Day – Review volunteer needs and vote to purchase Senior Dress Shirts/Ties – will be getting a variety of sizes from Large to 3 XL and 4 ties
Stella Garibo

 

 

  • Stella motioned for $300, Julie was 2nd, all in
favor and none opposed
  • Media Guide – Review design ideas with estimated costs and vote to approve purchase
    • Stella offered to help Angela and Colleen if they need help with the
    • All camera ready art needs to be in by 7/31, if Michelle needs to do the art then it needs to be to her by 7/26
    • Michelle motioned for the media guide being submitted for purchasing, last year it cost

$1,300 for guides, Amanda was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed

  • Yard Signs – Review repair plan and vote to approve wood and paint purchases
    • Stella has been doing the inventory and supplies would include roller covers, white spray, gallon of blue paint, and ply wood
Stella motioned for $300, Sarah was 2nd, all in
favor and none opposed
8:00pm
  • Open Floor
  • Meeting Adjournment – Sara motioned for closing the meeting, Michelle was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 8:41pm
Michelle Masters

 

Booster Club General Meeting Minutes 6/9/15

 

6:32pm – meeting called to order , Michelle

  • Reviewed meeting rules for new members (voting etc)
  • Introductions, round table
  • Secretary’s report – delayed due to secretary’s absence
    • Michelle will ensure this is sent later via email for board approval
  • Treasurer’s report – treasurer is absent so no report to review
    • Michelle will ensure this is sent later via email for board review and approval
  • President’s report – Board needs to sig new indemnification – Michelle will coordinate, due within 45 days
  • Angela motioned for vote
    • NMT $2000 for food expenses for Cow Bingo function – only to be used if donations do not cover costs
    • $ would provide water, hot dogs, buns, ketchup, mustard, chips
    • Michelle countered to second approving $1000 until plan can be further reviewed
    • Colleen suggested email vote next week to meet deadline and provide time for review of plan details
  • Coach’s report
    • Welcome to new member – review of good bad and ugly of football team/family/philosophy
    • Reminder of upcoming events
      • 7 on 7
      • Big Man Challenge
      • NAU – needs vote for food and snacks
      • Cow Chip Bingo – June 27th – will send email to promote
      • Football Camp – July 17th-22nd – in Winslow
        • Needs donations of/for: Powdered Gatorade, various granola bars (Nature valley Green, Sweet/salty protein, chewy with fruit)
      • 7 on 7 and Big Man – July 23rd – Varsity Only, Tempe HS
  • Fundraising report
    • Golf is completed
    • Fan Gear – not recommended for Cow Bingo – will be worked on for future events – Coleen and Stella will work together to finish getting quotes and pics to share for input
    • Yard Signs – need to coordinate so we are ready by 7/22
    • Cow Chip Bingo – next meeting on Monday at 6pm – so far tickets dispersed are 360 Freshman, 370 JV and 390 Varsity
    • Question posed and discussed: how do we better promote the pancake breakfast since the car washes are cancelled?
  • Voting:
    • Michelle called for vote for $300 for day of Cow Chip event for:
      • $100 field prep, $100 equip mgr, $100 asst equip mgr
      • Michelle motioned approval, Colleen seconded, no opposed – approved
    • Michelle called for vote for NMT $300 for NAU snacks and meals
      • $100 snacks – Michelle motioned approval, Stella seconded, no opposed – approved
      • $200 meals – Michelle motioned approval, Keyester seconded, no opposed – approved
    • Stella called for vote to approve $100 for Coach Martinez’ shirts
      • 2 shirts, home and away, including taxes and shipping
      • Stella motioned approval, Michelle seconded, no opposed – approved
  • Colleen motioned to adjourn, Michelle seconded – meeting adjourned at 8:07pm

Monthly Member Meeting Minutes

Dobson High School – 1501 W Guadalupe Rd Room S2

May 12, 2015 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm

 

Time Topic Description Topic Leader
6:15pm
  • Assembly/meet & greet
Informal
6:30pm
  • Meeting Commencement / Introductions & Welcome New Attendees
    • Michelle motioned to start the meeting, Stella was 2nd, all voted in favor and none opposed at 6:42pm
    • No new members
Michelle Masters
6:35pm
  • Secretary’s Report

o  Review of prior meeting’s minutes – Julie motioned for approval of prior meeting minutes, Sarah was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed

Amanda Jenkins
6:40pm
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Review April Transaction reports and Bank Statement – $8,444.33 balance in checking, Savings account balance is $25, outstanding checks is $550.00
      • Sarah motioned for approval of finances, Amanda was 2nd, all voted in favor and none opposed
Sarah Young
6:45pm
  • Golf Tournament Recap and Lessons Learned
    • Golf Tournament Income was $7,259.69, Expenses $3,644.38,

Net Revenue $3,614.31

  • Our income per golfer was higher this year than it was last year even though we made about $4,600 last
  • Lessons Learned –
    • What we did well – Sarah liked the reports, Julie liked that the golfers grabbed food after golfing to avoid the line, Amanda thought the check in went well.
    • Suggestions – to prefill the check in form to tell if the registration was paid or not, Angela suggested that there be an option to pay for everything online, everyone have copies of the golfer groups (this comes from Kokopelli), making packets for the golfers with all the information, volunteer schedules to be done prior to the event, before to discuss the schedule, more organized planning meetings and more of them
    • Golf Holes and Prize Tables – the gift baskets and auction items were nice but we felt we needed more space and better organization of the raffle items, Coach suggested having the PA system closer to the table, doing ball drop first (before eating, and give time for volunteers to eat in a schedule, more golf related items as prizes would be good.
    • Better rotation with volunteers so no one is stuck at any particular place, mandatory orientation dinner for volunteers.
Michelle Masters Colleen Reed Angela Almanza Amanda Jenkins Stella Garibo

 

7:15pm
  • Spring Showcase – review anything from Coach that needs Boosters
    • Friday, May 15th at 6:00pm
    • No concessions or apparel for this event
    • Parents need to be emailed to bring water for this event – Coach will send out an email to remind parents about the event – Sean Masters will post on Twitter and Stella will post on Facebook
Michelle Masters
7:30pm
  • Tournament & Cow Chip Bingo Planning – develop initial task list, assignments, and due dates
    • Angela is going to claim Cow Bingo as her event and will work with Colleen Reed with fundraising
    • Saturday, June 27th on the main field with a time TBD – Coach will let us know about the time
    • Cow Bingo meeting scheduled Wednesday, May 13th to discuss the cows and time frame and logistics
      • After this meeting Angela will set up Cow Bingo Meetings for planning
Michelle Masters Angela Almanza
8:30pm
  • AZ Football Coach’s Association – told coach we were paid so Michelle will hold onto the 2nd check that was written because they did not show the first
  • Cookie Dough – Booster needs to be here Thursday, May 14th from 3-6 to hand out cookie dough
  • Group emails or texts need to go out to everyone with any information so that everyone is notified of all events
  • Graduation Water Sales – Coach will get names and we will draw names for 11 boys to sell the water to the graduation guests – Michelle Masters, Sarah Young, Keyester Gilbert, Colleen Reed, Amanda Jenkins,

Corie Ellmer will if needed, Michelle Masters will ask Michelle McManis

o  Water we have – 14 cases in Arrow Storage and 8 cases at Stella’s house

  • Meeting Adjournment – Sarah motioned to close the meeting, Angela was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 8:19pm
Michelle Masters

 

Monthly Member Meeting Minutes

Dobson High School

1501 W Guadalupe Rd Room S2

April 14, 2015 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm

 

Time Topic Description Topic Leader
6:15pm
  • Assembly/meet & greet
Informal
6:30pm
  • Meeting Commencement / Introductions & Welcome New Attendees
    • Sarah motioned to start meeting, Amanda was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 6:36pm
    • New member Keyester Gilbert was introduced
Michelle Masters
6:35pm
  • Secretary’s Report

o  Review of prior meeting’s minutes – Amanda will make necessary changes – Amanda motioned to approve, Michelle was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed

Amanda Jenkins
6:45pm
  • Updates from Perkins – Presented by Michelle Masters
    • Staff and procedural updates – not discussed
    • Review upcoming DHS Athletics activities and goals – not discussed
Dr. Ray Perkins Donna Koch
7:00pm
  • Coach’s Report
    • Staff, player, equipment updates – not discussed
    • Showcase Night – May 15that 5:30pm. Coach would like the concession stands and apparel sale that
      • Angela suggested having a vendor come in that night to sell hotdogs, chips, (Angela will check and send an email out with the price so that the booster and voters can vote.)
    • Cookie Dough Fundraiser – Brochures get handed out this week, selling starts 4/16/15, orders in by 5/8/15 with delivery on 5/14/15. Coach would like booster support for the handing out to parents between 3-6pm.
    • Coach gave Michelle Masters the football schedule so that she can make one for him
    • AZ Football Coach’s Association will be for $460 (which is within the approved $550 )
    • Next meeting coach would like to discuss the summer challenges
    • Spring football shorts sales – Coach will check and see how many there are for the sales. Booster and volunteers will pick when during spring ball we will sell
    • There was a fire in the gym so there will not be water troughs for spring football but hopefully will be replaced by
George De La Torre
7:15pm
  • President’s Report

o  Operations/Administrative Updates – Food for Less and Safeway community rewards have been submitted but she has not heard anything yet. Michelle will send out another reminder to sign up for Fry’s Community Rewards.

Michelle Masters

 

  • Team Building – Flashback on Forming > Storming > Norming > Michelle discussed and reminded everyone of making sure that everyone has good communication and that we stay as a tight and close team.
  • Business Cards and Spare Keys Handout – Michelle handed out the cards and Keys are for on campus storage and Arrow (includes codes for gate)
  • Twitter Proposals – Use Group Tweet $4.99/month for security and leverage Sean Masters to facilitate regular Tweets to our Followers – Michelle discussed how Group Tweet works for $4.99 per month that allows you to go to a website or a text that will put on Sean Masters offered to facilitate because we do not post enough. We can send him information and Sean will post whatever we need as well as schedules or reminders from coach. Monitoring will be by booster and this feature allows us to go on and monitor tweets.
    • Michelle motioned for Sean to post on Twitter and Group Tweet, Stella was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed.
    • Amanda offered to post more on twitter multiple times during the
7:30pm
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Review March Transaction reports and Bank Statement – Michelle went over the bank Ending balance is $7,245.42. Debits

$1,066.59. There is outstanding checks of $1,240.00 (waiting for clearing). Savings balance is $25.

  • Michelle motioned to approve finances, Amanda was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed.

o  Michelle discussed the Budget Fiscal Year 2015. Michelle would like to go over this at least every quarter.

Sarah Young
7:45pm
  • Fundraising VP’s Report – not discussed
    • Recap prior activities
      • Status of La Famiglia fundraising check – Michelle will check status
      • Status of Papa John’s fundraising check – Angela will check status
    • Upcoming scheduled activities
      • 5/2 – Golf Tournament at Kokopelli –

Next golf meeting is 4/22/15 in Coach’s Room

– will discuss information at this meeting

  • Car Wash Dates
  • Sponsor/Donor update
  • Upcoming activities to be scheduled
    • Graduation Water Sales – Stella will get water donation from Sonic.
    • Date TBD – Cow Plunk Dinner

Colleen Reed

 

(Michelle Masters) (Angela Almanza)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stella Garibo

8:00pm
  • Special Events VP’s Report
Stella Garibo

 

  • Upcoming activities to be scheduled
    • Locker Room Update – not discussed
    • Coach’s Polo’s – Stella discussed the types of apparel for coaches, players, and An outline was given to members for review that shows who pays for what shirts.
    • Media Guide Update – Stella is meeting with Donna about picture dates.
    • Yard Signs – need inventory done
    • Storage Room – Francisco will do repairs
    • Showcase Night – In coach’s section.
8:15pm
  • Team Rep Reports
    • Freshman & JV Communications – not discussed
    • Varsity Communications – not discussed

 

Angela Almanza Kelly Stout

8:30pm
  • Other Business
  • Mail Box Renewal – Renewal is due $31 for 6 months and $62 for a Amanda will send out email vote to eligible voters.
  • Weight Room Platforms – Angela is working on getting Home Depot to create and donate
  • Open Floor –

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(any member)

8:45pm
  • Recap task assignments
  • Meeting Adjournment – Michelle motioned to close the meeting, Stella was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed at 8:55pm
Michelle Masters

 

Monthly Member Meeting Agenda

Dobson High School – 1501 W Guadalupe Rd Room S2

March 10, 2015 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm

 

 

Time Topic Description Topic Leader
6:15pm
  • Assembly/meet & greet
Informal
6:30pm
  • Meeting Commencement / Introductions & Welcome New Attendees
  • Michelle motioned, Sarah was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed at 6:36pm
  • New Member Corie Ellmer
Michelle Masters
6:35pm
  • Secretary’s Report
    • Review of prior meeting’s minutes – Amanda motioned, Michelle was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed
Amanda Jenkins
6:45pm
  • Athletic Director’s Report – Dr Perkins will not be able to attend a lot of the meeting due to other commitments, he did give a few suggestions listed below
    • Staff and procedural updates
    • Perkins thinks we should try for a lower prince next year for Kokopelli
    • Cow Bingo around the tournaments to get more people
    • John Hukleberry is the Junior High Athletic Director
    • Poker Night – he suggested that we talk to Coach Miklur since he did one before, maybe check with VFW Legions Club and other places like that, La Casieda, Nights of at St. Timothy’s, Elk’s Lodge
    • Pictures on August 1st hopefully
    • Review upcoming DHS Athletics activities and goals
      • Junior High Step Up Nights

Dr. Ray Perkins

Donna Koch

 

7:00pm
  • Coach’s Report
    • Staff, player, equipment updates
    • Varsity Schedule
      • Mandatory Meeting 3/12/15
      • Zero Week – this is the week before, 1st game is August 21st against Perry High School
      • Week 1 is the week of August 27th August 28th will be Mountain View
      • Week 2 is a buy which is no game then the regular games start
      • Scrimmage against Red Mountain at home on August 13th
      • We are now Division 2
    • Camp is July 17th thru July 22nd and then the next week the season starts
    • Concessions need to be up and going by Scrimmage
    • This change of the schedule will allow us to get pictures for the media guide so that we can have them earlier

 

George De La Torre

 

 

 

 

 

 

7:15pm
  • President’s Report
    • Operations/Administrative Updates
    • Community Reward/Donation Registrations
  • Fry’s Community, each quarter they give up $500,000 and what our people spend we get whatever the percentage of what is spent, she will get more instructions
  • Will sign up with Food for Less and Safeway
    • Business Cards & Meeting Schedule Magnets – Michelle will pick up tomorrow
    • Made Reimbursement forms for when we buy something to get reimbursed
    • Tunnel for players to run through is $2,500
    • The video teacher needs a new drone
    • Talk to Karen about a spaghetti night
    • Facebook has links to Shutterfly, website, etc.
    • DFBC Presentation for Mandatory Parent Night – 3/12/15, Michelle, Amanda and Michelle will be there,
    • Tournaments for the Varsity players –
  • ASU, 7 on 7 and Big Man Challenge check in at 5pm Michelle spoke with Laura – cost is $385 for both days for all players, Michelle motioned, Julie was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed
  • NAU – June 13th – 1 day camp, total is $600 for the 7 on 7 and the Trench, it does not include the transportation or accommodations – Michelle motioned, Sarah was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed

Michelle Masters

 

 

 

 

7:30pm
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Review February Transaction reports and Bank Statement – Savings is $25, Checking is $8,312.01, expenses for last month was Glacier, Golf Tournament, Checks which is $1,283.96, Donation of $400 – Michelle motioned, Amanda was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
    • Review of 2015 Proposed Budget – Sarah went into 2013 and 2014 to create a budget and the goal is $71,000 for donations, sales, concessions last year was just under $7,000 and this year we are looking at $8,000 , spirit booth/fan merchandise is low, advertising/sponsors goal is $6,000, expenses are set – price shop for concession stuff we sell a lot of, admin is about $900 a year, fundraising expenditures is $20,000 – would like to get these expenses down, marketing expenses is about $2,000, pregame meals was $7,509.01 for lunch, $1,795.06 for breakfast, and $270 for gift cards
    • On google drive under Budget 2015, Sarah and Michelle will work on that and get it out to everyone so we can vote on it next meeting

Sarah Young

 

 

 

 

7:45pm
  • Fundraising VP’s Report
    • Recap prior activities
      • Status of La Famigla fundraising check – Michelle will check
      • Status of Papa John’s fundraising check – Angela
    • Upcoming scheduled activities
      • 5/2 – Golf Tournament at Kokopelli – contract and deposit done already
      • Golf meeting 3/16/15 at 6:30pm at Rositas
      • Jersey Day – Luv My Bling suggested this idea, have signups for like camp snacks, volunteer time, she parked her trailer outside the cafeteria so the men bought fan gear and women bought Bling, possibly the same night as blue and silver game
      • Car Wash Dates – May 30th and presale tickets (coach’s suggestion)
    • Sponsor/Donor update
    • Upcoming activities to be scheduled
      • Date TBD – Cow Plunk Dinner – June 19th or June 26th – possibility of doing kiss the pig at the same time as the Cow Bingo, Coach will know in April about the irrigation schedule and the set up

Colleen Reed

 

(Michelle Masters)

(Angela Almanza)

8:00pm
  • Special Events VP’s Report
    • Upcoming activities to be scheduled
    • Locker Room Setup –
Stella Garibo
8:15pm
  • Team Rep Reports
    • Freshman & JV Communications
    • Varsity Communications

 

Angela Almanza

Kelly Stout

8:30pm
  • Other Business
    • Status of On-Campus shed (floor replacement) – Kelly – Stella will check with her husband
    • Status of Sponsor Plaques w/helmet – Lance – coach says Lance brought the stuff to coach
    • Check about paying cafeteria workers to run the concession stands
    • Will vote on frames for sponsor/donator pictures and thank yous
    • Open Floor

 

 

Kelly Stout

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(any member)

8:45pm
  • Recap task assignments
  • Meeting Adjournment – Sarah motioned, Colleen was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 8:43pm
Michelle Masters

 

 

 

 

 

Monthly Member Meeting Minutes

Dobson High School – 1501 W Guadalupe Rd Room S2

February 10, 2015 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm

 

 

Time Topic Description Topic Leader
6:15pm
  • Assembly/meet & greet
Informal
6:30pm
  • Meeting Commencement / Introductions & Welcome New Attendees
  • New Member – Winston Crowell
  • Michelle motioned, Sarah was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 6:38pm
Michelle Masters
6:35pm
  • Secretary’s Report
    • Review of prior meeting’s minutes – Sarah motioned, Michelle was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
    • Staff & procedural updates
Amanda Jenkins
6:45pm
  • Athletic Director’s Report – not in attendance
    • Staff and procedural updates
    • Review upcoming DHS Athletics activities and goals
      • Junior High Step Up Nights

Dr. Ray Perkins

Donna Koch

 

7:00pm
  • Coach’s Report
    • Staff, player, equipment updates
    • Needs white board markers
    • We only secured the March 12th date in the auditorium and April 1st in B118 for the mandatory meeting starting at 6:30
    • Have not received information for the free physicals, we need to push hard for all the packets to be in before summer begins so we can hand out equipment sooner
    • Spring football is scheduled April 27th for all levels, freshman may be a week earlier
    • Cow Plunk – wants this to go around spring football, we can use the practice field next to the main field where the showcase will go on – Michelle asked if we could push this back to do before the season starts – coach will think about this – we will have to host a 7 on 7 so that we can do the cow plunk
  • 10 teams 3 games each on the practice fields and do the food stuff on the basketball court
    • He is going to get a time set up to meet at Carson Junior, he will let us know about the Dobson Academy dates
    • Sponsor letter will start on 2/17 for the JV and Varsity – he will hold them accountable for the 10 addresses
    • Review of DHS Football activities and goals
      • 5/21 Graduation Water Sales – this is approved

George De La Torre

 

 

 

 

 

 

7:15pm
  • President’s Report
    • Operations/Administrative Updates
    • Email D-list naming proposal – distribution list – what if we do class of instead of by grade of team
    • Registered for Smile.Amazon.com – started but not finished because of we need the checks, Michelle started the list and to get that out to the parents so they can see the wish list, also added the booster club wish list
    • Registered for Good360.com – you get discounts
    • Registered for VolunteerMatch.org – We can solicit for volunteers
    • Michelle has a friend who is starting a company that you we can rent tools for a week
    • Throwback Thursday on social media

Michelle Masters

 

 

 

 

7:30pm
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Review Bank Account Transition Plan – Switched to Desert Schools from Bank of America
    • Review January Transaction reports and Bank Statement – Sarah will send out in email for a vote
    • Review 2015 budget draft – Status – Sarah has updated everything for 2014, Angela has the team meal total and will send to Sarah
    • Sarah printed the articles, we need to do the 990 postcard, Capital Times is like $20
    • Closed Bank of America and opened Desert Schools, $25 in the savings account to hold it open

Sarah Young

 

 

 

 

7:45pm
  • Fundraising VP’s Report
    • Recap prior activities
      • Status of La Famigla fundraising check – Michelle will check
      • Status of Papa John’s fundraising check – Angela has texted and went to the store and she is still trying to figure out if it is once a year or every couple months
    • Upcoming scheduled activities
      • 5/2 – Golf Tournament at Kokopelli – We have sent out a lot of stuff, we got movie tickets, Berge ford and Dixon are sponsors
      • We will have a Golf meeting at Native New Yorker on 2/26
      • Motion for $750 Golf deposit made by Sarah, Angela was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
    • Sponsor/Donor update
    • Bowling, Saturday or late Friday evening rent the whole place, for $10 is 2 hours of bowling and shoes is cost, we can sell the tickets for what we want – Coach will ask the students about this
    • Car wash dates so that we can schedule the pancake breakfasts so that we can advertise
    • Water – Stella says that she doesn’t mind ordering water and picking it up –
    • Colleen will contact Luv My Bling
    • Colleen spoke with Native New York – she wants to do a lot of things with the school – she does catering
    • Upcoming activities to be scheduled
      • Date TBD – Cow Plunk Dinner – coach’s section

Colleen Reed

 

(Michelle Masters)

(Angela Almanza)

8:00pm
  • Special Events VP’s Report
    • Upcoming activities to be scheduled
    • Social Media Days – throw out more fun days for communication, rotating social media responsibility where everyone picks a day for social media
    • Shutterfly Share – started last year, she needs to work out the kinks and everyone can contribute photos and videos – Stella will send information to the board, parents can submit but not edit
    • Locker Room Setup – Stella wants to meet with Coach regarding this
    • Sonic wants to do cards and she does not know what the cut is on them, coach wants to make sure it is 70/30%, they also want to do a fundraising night
Stella Garibo
8:15pm
  • Team Rep Reports
    • Freshman & JV Communications
    • Varsity Communications

 

Angela Almanza

Kelly Stout

8:30pm
  • Other Business
    • Status of On-Campus shed (floor replacement) – Kelly – Stella will check with her husband
    • Status of Sponsor Plaques w/helmet – Lance – coach says Lance brought the stuff to coach
    • Recap of 2014 Team Meal Donations – Angela – in treasurer section, we got donations
    • Open Floor
  • Walker and mouth guards, we need to find out about the physicals so we can hand out flyer for mouth guard then
  • The student who broke into the concession stand was charged and convicted
  • Julie – bands that go around the weight benches, she bought 1 yard and she gave it to Melissa Green and she will do the band for $10 a piece, $10 a band x 16 bands – need about a yard and a half to 2 yards so it would be about $180 approximately
  • Workout bag needs to be sewn and it would cost $20 to fix by Melissa Green
  • Vote for $200 for weight bench bands and workout bag fixing, Michelle motioned, Sarah was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
  • Buy more harnesses $20 each x 15, Motion for $300 by Michelle, Stella was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
  • Cow meeting on 2/19 at Native New Yorker at 6:30pm

 

Kelly Stout

 

Lance Blessing

 

Angela Almanza

(any member)

8:45pm
  • Recap task assignments
  • Meeting Adjournment – Amanda motioned, Sarah was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
Michelle Masters

 

 

 

Monthly Member Meeting Minutes

Dobson High School – 1501 W Guadalupe Rd Room S2

January 13, 2015 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm

 

 

Time Topic Description Topic Leader
6:15pm Assembly/meet & greet Informal
6:30pm Meeting Commencement / Introductions & Welcome New Attendees

  • Stella motioned, Sarah was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 6:41pm
Michelle Masters

 

6:35pm Secretary’s Report

  • Review of prior meeting’s minutes – motioned by Julie and Sarah was 2nd, all in favor none opposed
  • Staff & procedural updates
    • 2015 Team Contact Information – update to Varsity, JV and Freshman instead of by grade
    • Michelle will get all of our information together and I will send to all board members
Amanda Jenkins

 

 

 

 

 

6:45pm Athletic Director’s Report – We need to get the 2nd coffee urn

  • (Not in attendance)
Dr. Ray Perkins
Donna Koch

 

7:00pm Coach’s Report

  • Still working with the district on camp details
  • Staff, player, equipment updates
    • Status of Harnesses purchase – purchase was made by Coach and he was reimbursed for $215.99
    • Review of 2015 expenditure requests
    • Wish list for the renewal of membership to the Arizona Football Coaches Association cost is $550 – (vote results: Sarah motioned, Stella was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed)
    • Wish list for Glazier Football Clinics for $397 – (vote results:  Sarah motioned, Julie was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed)
  • Status of Junior High activities
    • On Tues 1/27 at 6:30pm will be a meeting with incoming freshman parents in coach’s room
    • Review of DHS Football activities and goals
      • 5/21 Graduation Water Sales – Coach turned the form in
      • Status of meeting schedule w/Karen Ulatte (RMHS) – Michelle called her and we will meet in the coach’s room – This will be on Monday 1/19 at 7pm in coach’s room
      • Coach will make a shopping list of things he needs and we will pick up every month
George De La Torre

 

 

 

 

 

(Stella Garibo)

(Michelle Masters)

 

 

 

 

 

 

7:15pm President’s Report

  • Operations/Administrative Updates
    • Review MPS Guidelines for SSOs and Activity Request Process
    • Status of NBCTC renewal  – Sarah contacted them to discuss renewal and the cost
  • Transition Status
    • MPS SSO form (aka Indemnity Form) – need to submit this form
    • Storage: Arrow & On-campus Shed – Need to find other storage key for Arrow
    • Login IDs: Social Media, Google Accounts – everyone should be able to get into the accounts, if passwords get changed please let Michelle know
    • Post Office Box – we will need to get ID’s in Michelle will speak with the Post Office regarding this and keeping the same box when the renewal is due
Michelle Masters

 

(Sarah Young)

 

(Kelly Stout)

 

(Stella, Colleen, Amanda)

 

7:30pm Treasurer’s Report

  • Review Bank Account Transition Plan – Looking into switching from Bank of America to Desert Schools
    • Review December Transaction reports and Bank Statement  – current bank balance is $9,445.86
    • Review 2014 Income and Expense report – Income for the year was $37,890.72, expenditures $35,456.63 with a net income of $2,434.09
    • Review 2015 budget draft – Sarah is going to use QuickBooks to get a budget set up, would like done by the end of next month
  • Angela will email the team meal total to Sarah
  • Financials vote: Colleen motioned, Angela was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
Sarah Young

(Michelle Masters)

 

 

 

 

 

 

7:45pm Fundraising VP’s Report
o   Recap prior activities

  • Status of La Famigla fundraising check
  • Status of Papa John’s fundraising check

o   Upcoming scheduled activities

  • 5/2 – Golf Tournament at Kokopelli – contract amount per player is $42 versus last year was $35, are we going to increase the player amount, Increase the individual price by $10
    • Has sent out a lot of letters for sponsor and donation requests
    • Will check with Kokopelli to see if there can be a wine sampler at a hole for the wine contact – Michelle will check with them and let Colleen know
    • Need to get the 990 for Ping, Adidas & Nike
    • Kohlscares.com for $500 and people to work
    • Golf meeting TBD
    • Golf tournament deposit vote: Angela motioned, Stella was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
  • Upcoming activities to be scheduled
    • Date TBD – Cow Plunk Dinner – We should be able to net $40,000 and we will split 90% to Booster and 10% to the boys – Coach would like this on  5/14 or 5/15, camp money will come out of the boys portion of the money, we need to find the cows and fencing – He will give the information to Angela to contact
Colleen Reed

 

(Michelle Masters)
(Angela Almanza)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Angela Almanza)

 

 

 

 

8:00pm Special Events VP’s Report
o   Upcoming activities to be scheduled

  • Step up night is on 1/22 starting at 6:30pm in the Cafeteria – school will provide the table, coach will bring 10 players and will handle the jerseys and helmets
Stella Garibo

 

 

8:15pm Team Rep Reports

  • Freshman & JV Communications
  • Varsity Communications
Angela Almanza

Kelly Stout

8:30pm Other Business

  • Status of On-Campus shed (floor replacement) – Kelly – not in attendance
  • Status of Sponsor Plaques w/helmet – Lance – not in attendance
  • Recap of 2014 Team Meal Donations – Angela – will get the total to Sarah via email
  • Open Floor
    • Website Renewal Vote for $280: Michelle motioned, Angela was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
Kelly Stout
Lance Blessing
Angela Almanza
(any member)

 

8:45pm
  • Recap task assignments
  • Meeting Adjournment – Michelle motioned, Colleen was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 8:43pm
Michelle Masters